Wednesday, April 1, 2009

light therapy

Lately, I've had a hard time getting up in the morning and have been in a lousy mood in general. Rather than attribute this flawed behavior to my own inherent laziness and overanalytical self-absorption, I have decided to blame it on the fact that I don't get enough sunlight (in my defense, I do work in a windowless office). That is why I just bought this awesome sun lamp that tricks your brain into thinking you're in the sun.

I am convinced that once I get that lamp, I will wake up earlier, have more energy, and become a pleasant person to be around again. One reviewer even said it helped with weightloss. Clearly a miracle product. My friend points out that I live in Los Angeles, where the sun never sets, and no longer in Cambridge, where the sun goes to die. Thus, she says, it is highly unlikely that lack of sunlight is my problem. She is probably correct. But I am choosing to ignore her because I want to believe that spending fifty bucks on this lamp will solve all of my problems.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

HA! i made it!!! :)