Friday, April 17, 2009

why you should always fill your brita

Yesterday, after I came back from a sweaty, salty morning run, I headed straight for my shower so that I wouldn't kill my co-workers with my body odor. Unfortunately, the faucet sputtered in indigestion and yielded nothing. There was no water. For about ten minutes, I was in denial, so after staring at my tub for awhile, I went around my house, turning the dials for my kitchen sink, my bathroom sink, and my dishwasher. Nothing. No water except the sweat that was still pouring out of me. I thought, "I think I've had this nightmare before."

I debated my options. I could go to work smelling disgusting. I could jump in our tiny apartment pool. I could go to a friend's house and shower and show up at work an hour late. None of these options appealed to me. "But I have to at least brush my teeth and wash my face!" I told myself. So I began to eye the toilet, and IMMEDIATELY DISMISSED THAT IDEA. That's when I remembered I had a Brita water filter. It was a gamble though because sometimes I am too lazy to refill it. Luckily, it turned out that I had filled it the night before. So I spent about twenty minutes taking a mini-shower with my Brita pitcher. I don't think we will look at each other the same way ever again.

As a side note, my water is back on this morning, but there is no hot water. I love this apartment.

No comments: