My mother called me to see if I had gotten "that vaccine, the one for your uterus."
"What?" I asked. "What are you talking about?"
"You know, the vaccine for your uterus."
The major problem here was that I did not understand the Korean word for uterus, and she did not know the English word for uterus, so we were throwing out random English organ names (ovary? liver?) until she finally explained that it was "the Baby House."
"Ohhhh, the uterus," I said. "There's a vaccine for your uterus???"
"It's new," she said. "Everyone is getting it. You have to get three shots. You should go get it, I'm going to make your sister get it too."
"Do you mean the HPV vaccine?" I asked.
There was a pause. "What's HPV?"
"It's an STD," I said.
"AN S-T-WHAT???" she screeched. "They said it was for your UTERUS!"
I didn't tell her whether I had gotten the vaccine or not. I think it's better this way.
Monday, July 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment