Friday, February 20, 2009

temptation

I have been wondering why I feel such severe revulsion towards seeing Twitter and Kindle advertised all over the place in recent weeks, and I have finally figured it out. It's actually a revulsion I am quite familiar with--I had the same revulsion towards facebook, and the same towards blogging. It's the kind of revulsion that is coupled with the knowledge that if I were to give in, it would be totally over.

Please, Consumer Gods, I don't want to be addicted to another internet phenomenon! I don't want to contribute to the destruction of the print industry by starting to rely on an evil-ly convenient, handheld mechanism that makes electronic reading dangerously close to the real thing! I have been here before, and I finally gave in one way or another, and now at least a third of my time disappears into the blackhole of the internet. I can't take it anymore!

So stop plastering the web with your promotions, Amazon and Twitter! I am begging you.

Sincerely,
A Tired Consumer

No comments: