Today, I wasted two hours of my life, because the roads around LAX were apparently built by the same idiots who duct-taped the streets of Boston together, and I got lost. Each minute that passed, I got angrier and angrier because I had no idea where I was, and I was this close to verbally thrashing LA for constantly making driving a torturous experience, when suddenly the road ended, and everything changed. I had accidentally driven myself to the ocean, just before sunset.
Not bad, LA, not bad. You're not perfect. Your rain is less like rain water and more like a polluted ocean dumping itself on top of you. Your highways don't drain the water, so we end up driving through a stream, surrounded by bad drivers going 70 miles an hour against water so thick that we can't see past our windshields. But, if after two hours of driving me batshit insane, you inadvertently lead me right into a post-storm beachy sunset--well, I guess I can deal with that.
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment