I am back home in Los Angeles after three weeks in New Zealand, where I wasn't able to blog much for several reasons:
(1) Typing on an iPad is really hard
(2) The internet in New Zealand costs a trillion dollars
(3) There was no way to describe the awesomeness of my trip
Anyway, after jumping off the world's highest canyon swing in Queenstown, skydiving from 15,000 ft in Lake Wanaka, and hiking up the Fox glacier, it's sad that the thing I feared the most was having another screaming punching baby sitting next to me on the plane ride home. I was lucky, though. The person sitting next to me was just a really fat man whose thigh and arm took up half my seat. At one point he turned to me and asked, "You flying back to China?" He did not, however, punch me or otherwise disturb my sleep.
My time in New Zealand was unforgettable and indescribable, so I won't even try to do it justice. All I will say is that the mini-country I was traveling with kidnapped my bottle of Tabasco sauce nearly daily, but in the end, it was always returned to me safe and sound before my next meal. That's the thing about fellow travelers. In the end, they always have your back.
Friday, September 21, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment