I am starting to become one of those crazy people who write angry letters. Last week, when I was drunk, I saw a mistake in a CNN article and wrote an angry email to CNN about irresponsible reporting. The next morning, I woke up and realized that I had read the sentence incorrectly and it was in fact accurate.
Today, I discovered that Verizon charged me $36 extra for "data usage." I share a line with my sister, so I called her and asked her what the deal was. She said she had been downloading games that were labeled "free." I argued with three Verizon reps about the meaning of "free," (apparently you usually get charged for the game AND the megabytes you use when downloading, so while the game was free, we were still getting charged for the megabyte usage), and they did not offer to get rid of the (completely misleading, unethical) charges. So I made two customer service reps report a phone complaint and then wrote an angry email in the feedback section of their website, explaining that this was not about the stupid $36 but about practicing business with integrity.
I was so annoyed with Verizon that I Google-vented by searching for "Verizon sucks." That led me to websites created by other crazy people who write angry letters pretty much for a living. As I was browsing these websites, it struck me how psychotic these people sounded as they ranted about not only sending in an official complaint to the company through phone and email but also sending letters to the FCC, the Better Business Bureau, and your Congressman. By the time I was finished, instead of feeling vindicated, I felt dirty. Is this who am I fated to become? Is this the beginning of the end? Am I simply on my way to becoming one of those insane people who calls the governor's office about the stamp rate going up?
Needless to say, I was relieved to discover today that I had started my period.
Sunday, June 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
dude, "Am I simply on my way to becoming one of those insane people who calls the governor's office about the stamp rate going up?"
hilarious! i nearly pissed myself!
Post a Comment