Monday, March 2, 2009

professional parent wanted

For the past few days since coming back to real life, I have been sitting in my bed literally surrounded by all the bills I have been ignoring. Car loans, insurance, student loans, credit cards, furniture loans, utilities, rent, cell phone--all the companies that own my life. When you have all of your 18 bills spread out around you, there is just no denying it: corporations own you. Every two weeks, I get a paycheck, and that paycheck goes directly to my creditors. It's almost like I don't get paid at all.

Is this what they meant by growing up? Totally lame. I want a refund. And I want a professional mommy who will take care of this crap for me. Except that would just be another bill I'd have to pay. Sigh. If only my real mom were around. She used to do this stuff for free.

No comments: