So I'm out with three guy friends, watching the UFC tournament (truly the most painful thing I've ever seen), and they're being objectifying and manly, as usual, and laughing at me because I seem bored, and threatening to go to a strip club, which I guess is supposed to be the penultimate form of torture for a girl when she's out with her guy friends. So finally, I said, "Fine, let's go to a strip club!" which was followed by a brief dumbfounded silence and everybody filing into my car somewhat baffledly. We're almost there, when I hear quietly in the back seat, "I don't wanna go to a stripclub..." which led to a conversation (*not* instigated by me) about how it was not a turn-on to watch women objectify themselves to try to make ends meet for themselves and whatever kid they're trying to put through school. So we turned around and went back home.
Inside, I am laughing still.
Sunday, May 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment