Thursday, May 3, 2007

evidence

Sometimes I read my papers from college to get inspiration for a paper I'm working on, and that's when I know for sure that since I started law school, I have destroyed so many of my brain cells from too much drinking. Christ, I used to be smart. Now I have to squeeze my brain to follow my own self's train of thought. Don't drink, kids. It just makes bad decisions seem good, and then you hate yourself--you can't take back those dialed calls that appear in your phone the next morning, that person will be back to being unattractive when you wake up, and those gaps in your memory are indications that you did something really bad, like curse at strangers before passing out in your own vomit. Then, all you'll have left to comfort you is the fact that you have too little brain cells to care anymore. No amount of pain-numbing alcohol is worth these consequences.

No comments: