There's this spot just under my left shoulder that has been killing me for a few weeks now--it feels like there's a pebble stuck under the shoulder blade. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of whining about it to my mother, who whipped out her acupuncture kit and proceeded to stick 20 needles in me. Then she decided she was bored and might as well stick some in herself, so she stuck about ten needles in the back of her neck.
Also, I made three pumpkin pies today, and she made me walk with her to our neighbors' houses so we could leave the pies on their doorstep and run away. Then, when we were just far enough to be out of earshot, she would call them on her cell phone and say, "Hiii! We just left you a pie at your front door. Merry Christmas!" As soon as the neighbor poked their head out of the door to get the pie, she would wave frantically to make sure they saw us.
It's like I always manage to convince myself that all of my teenage angst was self-created, and I really had no problems. Then, I come home for a visit, and I remember that there was a reason I was messed up. My mom is just weird. Really, really weird.
Merry Christmas, all.
Monday, December 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment