Tuesday, December 19, 2006

all i really need to know i learned from my ex boyfriends

I have decided that I am going to make a movie for my 3L paper. This is possibly the smartest idea I've had since coming to law school. Why not get credit for working really hard on something that doesn't make you want to drown yourself in vodka? Genius.

The question is, what oh what am I going to make it about? I did two documentaries in college, so I kinda wanna do something fictional this time around. But to write a fictional screenplay about the law, am I required to actually know the law? Hmm.

Anyway, this idea made me remember how I got into making movies in the first place--I dated a film major for two and a half years and started copying him. So weird how people leave parts of themselves like that in your life, even if they themselves are not in it anymore. Come to think of it, I think the entire reason I'm in law school is because of a boy. I had this huge crush on this boy when I was 13--he went to a public school (which I, as a Catholic schoolgirl, thought was so hot), had hair down to his chin, and listened to Nirvana. So I, of course, gave up my Boyz II Men CDs and bought all of the Nirvana albums until I was equally obsessed. Long after I forgot that guy, I kept listening to punk rock which turned me into a raging liberal, which made me go all activist, which made me go to law school.

Really, I should go strangle that guy.

No comments: