I just wanted to note that I am actually in favor of the above methods. People always complain that "s/he didn't even do it in person!" but really, would that have made it better? Think of how awkward it is for the dumper--they have to make plans with you to see you in person, which means they have to act like nothing is wrong, and then they have to say those excruciatingly awkward words that must ultimately convey, "I just don't like you anymore." Afterwards, they have to sit there uncomfortably as you cry. Is that really better?
No. Email and phone are the way to go. It's easier, it's quicker, it's less awkward, you don't have to see each other after it's over with, and best of all, it gives the person who was dumped a chance to say, "I'm not upset about the *break up*, I just can't believe s/he did it over the phone!" It's perfect. You're planting in the dumpee that first seed of blame, helping them realize, in fact, *you* were the deficient one, and they deserved better, which is what they need to move on anyway. Trust me. You're doing them a favor. Take one for the team.
Sunday, November 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment