It's a new year, and my second night sleeping in my new apartment. No matter how much you prepare before you move in somewhere, there are somethings you just won't find out about a new place until you've lived there. Case and point--I have discovered that the ceilings and walls are very thin. Consequently, I can hear a lot of what is going on upstairs. And judging from the sounds, either a terrifying monster lives above me and eats children and has loud monster sex at night, or a young couple lives up there with a baby who likes to be chased around by someone making monster noises. Either way, one thing is certain--they are all wearing shoes made of cement.
Luckily, I am not all that bothered by noise. I lived above a karaoke bar in Washington Heights once. If I can fall asleep to the sound of drunken Irish men slurring the words to Elvis Presley songs, I can fall asleep to anything.
Thursday, January 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
you're sleeping in your new apartment?! Congratulations!
..and you're blogging!
Post a Comment