Sunday, October 11, 2009

half-marathon

Finished the Long Beach Half Marathon today! The good news: it was along the beach with perfect running weather. The bad news: I was way slower than my first half marathon in New Bedford last year. Back then, I averaged 9:50 a mile. This time, I averaged 11 a mile. This could be for any of the following reasons:

- my awesome friends were not there to cheer for me this time
- last time, I was hungover
- I am now 1.5 years older
- I am now 7 pounds heavier
- my time last year was in fact a mistake
- I was distracted by the pretty views of the Long Beach shore

Either way, it was an awesome race! Gearing up for a full in March.

1 comment:

notes from the music box steps said...

it was because your friends weren't there because we were too busy sleeping. we suck, you rule, the end.